Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:43:52 -0400
From:         Eric Zeno <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      KEEP YOUR ENGINE OIL SAFE Re: AVP 2.1 rebuild report
Comments: To: wlail@OU.EDU

What needs to be said here is keeping the oil "safe" Is extremely important to the life of these motors. I purchased a Syncro with a GEX rebuilt motor that had a tap in it. This was 76,000 miles ago. I've always kept 20-50w oil in it, and changed it every 3500 miles. Sure had problems with the oil light and the buzzer going off. Several resasons for this.but Its still going strong. Just got back from a weekend trip.

Never let your oil go low. Never let it get dirty. 20-50w with black filter Eric