Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:51:19 -0700
From:         BenT <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: HELP! Audi 5000 Turbo alloy rims won't fit on Vanagon... BenT
Comments: To: Yoel and Tina Crane <yoelandtina@gmail.com>

There's a set of these for sale in LA for abiout the cost of getting your done. Keep inmind that your van uses ET30-32. Whereas, the Audi wheels you are talking about are about ET45. You really should install spacers. That also means you need longer studs in the rear and longer bolts up front. The center bores will not clear the front dust caps w/o some machining. You can make the holes bigger with a Dremel tool if aesthetics are not majorly critical. The hubcaps will not fit as they did on the Audi. Thicker spacers can change that.

BenT http://members.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:27:54 -0700, Yoel and Tina Crane <yoelandtina@gmail.com> wrote: > We're upgrading the wheels on our 1991 Multivan (2WD). > > Can someone refer us to a shop that can make the mods to our Audi 5000 > rims? BenT's site had information on someone who has done the mod but > the image links are broken. > > We're in the San Francisco Bay Area. > > Thanks! > > Tina and Yoel