Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:36:10 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Westy fridge fan on, but fridge is off (I think)
Comments: To: Vince S <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>

There is a way to vent the heat from behind the fridge to the outside without cutting any more holes in the side of the Westy. I do this by mounting a small fan in the City Water hookup opening after removing the center area of the plastic assembly. The City Water is next to useless and a flooding hazard anyway. Since I replace the fragile stock faucets with a nicer RV model that has no city water provision the City Water connection becomes superfluous and makes a nice fridge heat vent. When you want to vent the heat to the outside, prop the water door open and switch on the fan. The main fridge fan will run less and the heat will go outside instead of heating the interior. I camp for long periods where it is hot. The exhaust fan makes a difference in fridge performance as well as keeping the inside of our home more comfortable.

Mark