Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:29:18 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Free tools for Rear Bearings and other stuff

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else or not, but in this

part of the country (south) at least the local autozone will provide tools for free if you give them a deposit and bring them back on good condition.

I recently replaced brakes and bearings on my daughter's civic. When I

bought the parts they brought out the big socket I needed. It was free

to me when I brought it back.

Another time I pulled the pilot bearing from a VW diesel crank with the

engine in the car. I didn't buy any parts, but they let use their big slide puller and pilot bearing adapter for free. It just took a minute,

I had been going at it for a day or more with my puny puller.

So if you're going to need big sockets and torque tools, check with your local flaps and maybe you can save a pile of money.

I asked both times when I would need to bring the stuff back, and both

times they didn't care.

Jim