Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:31:38 -0400
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: need a part
Comments: To: wilden1-1@sbcglobal.net

Stan, thanks but I have the stock AC heat ducts in good order. it's jut that in my AC to TD conversion, they used a differant plastic part from heat box to a rubber elbow that connects to the "shortened" stock paper tube.

these parts are only on watercooled models with a belly pan gas/diesel heater..

thanks,

Dan.

Daniel Stevens Reporting Analyst Office of the Registrar Syracuse University (315)443-3610 >>> "Stan Wilder" <wilden1-1@sbcglobal.net> 09/18/04 9:16 AM >>> I have the paper tube from the underside heat flow box to the plastic part that comes up through the floor. I have the plastic part that comes up through the floor. I have the paper tube from the rear crossover to the flap box under the gas tank. I have the plastic crossover that goes over the tranny to connect the two heat sources to the one long paper tube. Let me know what all you need. All of these parts are 1981 Vanagon parts.

Stan Wilder More Power with Performance Coatings http://www.engineceramics.com

from a watercooled van with a aux heater that someone is parting out..

I need the front end stuffs from the paper tube forward.

theres a rubber 90' elbow and the fitting that passes thru the front bulkhead it's an oval of plastic, it screws on from inside the van.

I'd hope these 2 parts wouldn't be too expensive. they're not usually gone bad but in my 1980 AC to TD conversion if I want to use the paper heat tube and front airbox I need them to play nice with the rad fan. (using a rear heater then ducting it thru the under paper tube to the front for defrost. it's not a winter driven van but would like defrost on the windshield at least till I can get behind the dash airbox/heatercore installed)