Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:48:18 -0400
From:         Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon owners in upstate NY ---- Last plug for Westies at
              Watkins
Comments: To: Joel Cort <joel_cort@yahoo.com>

I think what I may do is sell my vanagon, and Suzuki, get a small 4wd SUV like an explorer, or a blazer, and a Subaru awd wagon. I would like to then pick up a air cooled bus for summer cruising and camping.

Jerry

_____

From: Joel Cort [mailto:joel_cort@yahoo.com] Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 5:51 AM To: Bike Florida; vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Vanagon owners in upstate NY ---- Last plug for Westies at Watkins

Whoa Dude!

No one willingly moves north, and to Rochester, but Come on down! There are a few of us around here in Rochacha with various vans (Splitty/Bay/Vanagons)

Most vans are either carefully washed and waxed by their owners or they are rust buckets due to the large amount of salt the road dept. spreads from about October to March.

If you have a nice/cherry southern van you may want to think of beater car to get around and park your precious metal for the winter.

Driving on snow is not bad, but it is the black ice and the clear ice that will get you. Get a good set of snow tires like the Nokkia Hacckkkapelllittttttaaa. They are perfect for our vans and even rated at the right weight.

We would love to have you here and BIKE NEW YORK too. Few of us are into biking too...... as well as Dead concerts.... Lots of great roads to wonder and race up the remains of the last ice age. Very steep but short hills.

Speaking of Ice Age, This is the last plug to all for the Third annual Westies at Watkins

coming up October 1-2-3. Send me your forms in a couple of days.

$10 for race track events

$20 for Lunch at the race track

$20 per night at Watkins Glen Campground - Pay when you get there.

Joel Cort

5 Hunters Drive N.

Fairport NY 14450

Western NY LiMBO Representative

89 Syncro Westy

Signing off from Vienna Austria until Wed. back in the states.

Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

We are moving from Florida to the Rochester area next spring when we can sell our house, getting tired of FL in general. How do Vanagons fair in the great white north? I have never lived where it snows and was thinking of selling my rust free vanagon, and my wife's 2wd Suzuki for some all wheel drive vehicles, maybe an awd astro and a Subaru. But how do the Vanagon's do? I have never driven in snow.

_____

Do you Yahoo!? vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!