Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:35:29 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Trip home from Burning Man Part 3
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: simsil@primus.ca, lryan6@cogeco.ca, BusFusion@aol.com,
          43king@rogers.com, jodyb@thenewro.com, gedge@magma.ca,
          madstan@sympatico.ca, h.brouwer@sympatico.ca,
          cathy.greg@sympatico.ca, madbernie@sympatico.ca,
          tonynalves@hotmail.com, alves_mandy@hotmail.com,
          lavigneandre@hotmail.com, sxe_surferchick@hotmail.com,
          antonio.alves@city.ottawa.on.ca, catherine.ashley@ccra-adrc.gc.ca,
          Simon.Rivers-Moore@city.ottawa.on.ca, cookiequ@nb.net,
          mbiggs@houston.rr.com, judylaronde@hotmail.com, izab22@yahoo.ca,
          wscemc@bellsouth.net, thymeoff@hotmail.com,
          larry_avery.johnson@SYMPATICO.CA, lchase@attglobal.net,
          getmetobrazil2002@yahoo.com, bcshorten@sympatico.ca,
          Arasso@yahoo.com, RoxySistah15@aol.com,
          tony.smith@gasmithsurveying.ca, berncod@hotmail.com,
          thebern@rogers.com, sib@sympatico.ca, bonapace@bonapace.com,
          dhec@cyberus.ca, stevens@trytel.com, ejmanningsfolly@bellnet.ca,
          msvdp@sympatico.ca, ve3jr@magma.ca, almost26@charter.net,
          roadhaus.com.alexsandra_trofka@hotmail.com

After three wonderful days with my sister Maria and her family here in Kemah, Texas we will get back on the road this morning. Enjoyed many gastronomical delights of the Bay area, visit to the Kemah Boardwalk and Galvaston Beach with a dip in the warm blue ocean, and much family communing good times but we must get moving. We did make one small repair while here, the sliding door was popping open on the road more frequently so we ordered a new lock mechanism from the local VW dealer. Two days wait and $30 made the door secure again. Lots of Tourags on the lot but we have yet to see one on the road ! In fact it's a rare sight to see any kind of VW product on the roads around here. Lots of Hummers though. New Orleans is our next stop. We hope to make it there by night fall. Any List members in that area with a cold beer and conversation ? We have a bunch more photos to up load but mostly family pics from here so we will wait until after our visit to New Orleans. I received a message from our good friend Hans telling me the Quebec Club, _Club international de camping-car Westfalia_ (http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/) , Omerville event was a great success with 325 in attendance, yahoo ! Sorry I had to miss that one but.................we have some crawfish to deal with. Ina is still in the Phoenix area having her van repaired and looks like she may not catch up with us now. We hope to have more news from her today.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 09 ~ 12, 2005 '87 Westy, '90 Carat & Lionel Trains Member: _Vanagon List_ (http://www.vanagon.com/) , _LiMBO_ (http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/) , _IWCCC_ (http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/) &_ CCVWC_ (http://www.ccvwc.ca/) Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley_STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) or http://frankcondelli.com