Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:25:52 -0700
From:         Robert Lilley <RClilleyjr@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: 20 hours later and a new water pump and a few other
              things...
Comments: To: Ken Lewis <kdlewis_wasting_time@access4less.net>

When I ordered my hoses for my engine rebuild @5 years ago, I ordered from several places. One of the places, not Bus Depot, had the Brazilian hoses. Most were German, but one of the oil cooler hoses, the one that leaked, was not. I think I Looked around to get the cheapest prices, rather than just buying from one place.

Since all the hoses I have ordered for my 2.1L from Bus Depot have been German made with the VW logo.

To make sure, I would ask before ordering.

You might have a point that the coolant might have smaller molecules...

Have you checked your pressure cap and the thermostat to make sure they are working correctly? You might be building too much pressure and that is where the leaks are coming from...

Robert

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Lewis [mailto:kdlewis_wasting_time@access4less.net] Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 3:28 AM To: Robert Lilley; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Re: [VANAGON] 20 hours later and a new water pump and a few other things...

I agree 100% with everything you say, still, leaks. I have even tried a slight coat of RTV on the inside of the hose mating surface. Worked for a while. I believe you may have hit upon something with the undersized Brazil hose comment. Thank You. How does one ensure of a German product when ordering?

Also, I think the orange anti-freeze must have smaller molecules.

Ken Lewis 86 Transporter Crew Cab 60 356 T-5 Porsche http://neksiwel.20m.com/ Vanagon tech, pixs, O2 monitor gadget ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Lilley" <RClilleyjr@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 11:26 PM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] 20 hours later and a new water pump and a few other things...