Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:39:00 -0700
From:         Vince S <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Top-Load Fridge for Westy
Comments: To: Jim Thompson <jim@karmannghia.com>

When I first bought the Westy I thought they were so cute - a miniature fridge and miniature ice tray. However soon I banished them to the basement as I need the two shelves to keep the small amount of meat/fish cold.

- Vince

http://gipsyflies.home.comcast.net 1989 Vanagon GL Camper 1993 Mazda Miata (for sale) 1996 Land Rover Discovery 2005 Mini Cooper S

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thompson [mailto:jim@karmannghia.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 4:34 PM To: Vince S; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Re: Top-Load Fridge for Westy

Because the ice trays for the 80-91 Westy Fridge are so tiny, they are an appropriately name size, ergo: Munchkin Trays. For the life of me, I have no clue myself why the Dometic designers came up with these virtually worthless ice trays. Maybe they think the North American Vanagon Owners are tiny people, ie: from Munchkinland, ala the Wizard of Oz ;-)

Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" oldvolkshome@earthlink.net jim@karmannghia.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************** ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vince S" <gipsyflies@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 4:03 PM Subject: Re: Top-Load Fridge for Westy