Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:55:23 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: spam filters out busdepot

my earthlink has area 51 spam filters also, if i have it set on the list it blocks BenT out everytime ;) and wants me to call 415 possie and my old homies on da wessst coast.

naw really almost all spam filters pick up the right spam but if its set to high you almost get everything bocked lame yes. owell. yahoo is just what it is. I've been with many diffrent web based email apps. times will change even more.

van content ;)

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> Sent: Sep 23, 2004 3:54 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: spam filters out busdepot

> Yahoo mail can be set so the spam filters do not > filter you out Ron. Simply look in the bulk mail and > recover busdepot mail and indicate this is not a spam > address. So what have you done to make you a second > class spam man?

That's what I'd like to know. We never spam. But when I read that Yahoo filtered the FTC's "opt out" address as spam too, at least I didn't feel like I was alone with this problem. After all, I don't think the FTC spams either. Another list member told me that once someone mistakenly sent him two copies of an email. Yahoo sent one to his spam box but not the other. Sounds like they need a slightly less aggressive spam filter, or at least a "smarter" one.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT