Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:27:59 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Answer to:  New Toy
Comments: To: "Gary Lee, Vanagon Racks" <gary2a@TELUS.NET>

In 1972 my Dad ordered from the P. car dealer a met blue sunroof 911E. He decided he wanted more than the T and felt the S was too much.

6 months later when they called him to tell him his car had arrived they told him his car went to another dealer back east due to some mix up.

The car that they had for him now as a 911S in silver without the sunroof, and that before he made up his mind to cancel he should come down and take it for a drive.

Dad bought that car and I bought it from him in 1980 when I turned 20yrs old, Too much car for me at that age but I had to have it since he was selling it. Quite a car indeed! very spirited sound and light steering vehicle. Nothing like P car steering especially the 911.

I bought it from Dad with 14K original miles and sold it a year later with 21K original miles and bought a 71 International Scout 800B which I have to say at 20 suited me much better.

Still have fond thoughts of getting ticked by the CHP new years day

Pulled out to pass a string of cars and ran it to redline in 4th (125mph) only to look back as I put er in 5th to see the CHP trailing (badly) behind me.

Those were the days.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Lee, Vanagon Racks" <gary2a@TELUS.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 7:13 PM Subject: Re: Answer to: New Toy