Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:46:08 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Longer range gas tank?  Source.
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

There is quite a bit of wasted space there on the 2WD models. Certainly room for an extra water tank or fuel tank or even cutting holes from the inside and adding storage from inside the van by sheet "metal-ing" it in from the outside.

I know my engine sits quite a bit lower in the engine compartment in my 87 syncro than my 89 wolfy. Not sure if the syncro tank takes advantage of that higher body or not.

You would have to be careful you did not have fuel drain from a syncro "higher" tank down to the main tank on the belly and overflow it past the vents if you had two set up this way.

If the syncro tanks does fit into the 2WD models it would be a great add on to those vehicles.

I would even take a bad damaged syncro tank and use it as a storage unit. It perfectly shaped for that space and good plastic. You could cut access holes in the top of the sheet metal behind the engine lid and carpet the inside of the tank and turn it into a secret storage locker.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon Campbell" <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 11:23 AM Subject: Re: Longer range gas tank? Source.