Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:53:08 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: late Friday offering - Haynes does it again

some frozen canadian moron bespoke thusly:

> Maybe this could help get Old Joel W's mojo working again. > The Woman Manual > - The practical step-by-step guide to women's health, for men. > Haynes Publishing has, for more than forty years, helped people keep > their cars on the road in countries all over the world by publishing > maintenance manuals, but the latest title Women: all models, shapes, > sizes and colours is intended to help men understand what's going on > under a woman's bonnet, unravelling the mysteries of 'women's > problems'. Despite the woman being the superior species (well it is a > woman writing this Press Release!) all of this information is packed > concisely in to one volume."

no such book would be of any possible help, because ...

a. no replacement parts available. anywhere. at any price.

b. no owner's manuals available for different models or years. except this crap written in england by some doctor (with 'tips' by some woman tv personality ... and we all know how 'normal' those two types are!)

c. used ones cost as much, if not more, than new ones.

d. maintenance costs are astronomical.

e. it costs you a thousand times more to get rid of one that it did to acquire one!!! :(

f. if you're not careful, you can catch serious diseases when you drive them.

g. if you're not really careful when driving, you can find miniature versions hanging around, costing even more money!

h. they always claim they need repainting and new seat covers. and new wheels and tires. and higher octane fuel. and washing and waxing.

i. they always leave the garage door down when you are in a hurry to change your own oil.

j. takes a really looooong time to get 'em warmed up.

k. they make a LOT of noise when operating, like diesels. :)

but they do look nice when the weather is warm. ;)

unca joel