Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:45:33 -0500
From:         Robert Cardo <rrecardo@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Type F?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

Hmm. For those of you who may be uninformed, type F has more grabbers than Dextron I,II, II and or IV. As in days past and present, if you wanted crisp shifts from your power glide, turbo 350, 400 0700 R-4 transmission the ultimate solution was to use either blue B&M trick shift at 5 dollars a quart or red Ford type F, at $1.75 It lowered trans operating temperatures simply not allowing the clutch plates to slip. They hook up much faster and don't build as much heat. I use both B&M trick shift, and type F in my Vans. No slip, crisp shifts, cooler trans operating temps, and longer trans longevity. I just had my 90 GL serviced at VW, having the trans fluid and filter changed. The service tech agreed with me, and used the B&M product I supplied without a question. B&M has been a longtime expert on automatic transmission performance products and the best shifting transmissions forever. Ford Type F has is the same product only in a different bottle. Get out of the owner's manual and learn a proven old time solution for much better automatic performance.

RC