Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:21:15 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Substitute Fuel Pump #
Comments: To: bhs73@SPYMAC.COM

Hi Mark,

I noted the web site details in an email to Chuck... we both think that the website is probably wrong.

The vanagon doesn't really need more than 35 psi, since the fuel pressure regulator opens up and dumps excess fuel back to the tank as soon as that pressure is achieved.

There were euro-spec vanagons with carburetors, so it isn't impossible that NAPA would list a fuel pump with 4-6 PSI for that application.

My wife's sunroof bus needs a new fuel pump, so I will probably be visiting NAPA real soon...

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com