Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Oct 2004 06:46:09 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Agony of defeat . . .
Comments: To: "p.j." <pbuehler@MIT.EDU>

Yoiu prol'ly have the answer to your question by now, but just in case........

The tank is located on the forward side of the instrument panel. The cover of the panel can be removed by reaching forward over the panel until the fingers can feel a detent. There are two detents - right and left. These can be seen if you stand in front of the van and look through the window. Pull up on the detents and the cover for the panel should pop off. Sometimes the stick, but they will come off.

The semi-clear plastic tank is the reservoir. The reservoir serves both brakes and clutch hydraulics if you have a manual transmission. _Use DOT 4 brake fluid only_ in this tank.

Regards,