Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:35:15 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: JBB Carabus Route Change
Comments: To: Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

Based on your new route, you'll likely find a couple of spots on I-68 where you'll need to sit in the low gear lane. The grade leading up to the Maryland/West Virginia border (btw, Maryland State Police like to do radar traps on the down hill section AFTER you enter in to Maryland on the East bound side). Also there will be a few other hills of significance. However, there will always be a truck lane (3rd lane) on those sections. The scenery is spectacular, and I hope we have good clear weather for your caravan.

(note that I didn't personally recommend that route as the grades on the Pennsylvania turnpike ARE easier (even the one leading up to the Monogahela Tunnel.)