Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:45:04 -0600
From:         Mark Edwards <bhs73@SPYMAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Comments on "Wanted: comments on my compression test results"

In <e8.329d26f.2e94be85@aol.com>, on 10/05/04 at 11:20 PM, THX0001@aol.com said:

>Mark, my man, you're saying Don is full of it with no basis other than >what you find easy to believe.

George old buddy, what is wrong with not believing someone, and calling them on an outrageous claim? I am still searching for the rule that says one cannot dispute the claims of another, and I gotta admit, I am coming up empty.

Don is a big boy and can defend himself, and he got his chance. I called him on his claim of "doing thousands of engines," and tonight I learned what kind of a man he is via his hateful innnuendo and rant directed at poor, innocent Stan. I am pretty sure its me he was trying to demean and incite, so less time in and engine and more time learning about email would be a good investment :-)

He also begged you to come to his defense, and what a shock, here you are. Good job George. I guess I will have to wait to hear from Eric, Ron, and ETC. I think he also asked if you could step forward and offer me some counseling. When do we start that?

Yep, when I see someone exagerating and tossing out numbers so far off the charts it makes me laff, I will express my disbelief about it. Now we know he was part of a TEAM that "did" engines. I have a friend who worked the line at GM for forty years, as part of a "team" so I guess he can claim that he built ten million cars?

I am sorry but I found it amusing that he called it an "air test" when most people refer to it as a leak down test. Treating it like it was some hard to find procedure only added to the humor. If that offended him or you, well, consider how he addressed me (Stan) tonight and then you'll realize how little I care........ <shrug>

Mark