Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Oct 2004 02:00:00 -0400
From:         Tolga Morawski <tolga@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Sloppy Shifter
Comments: To: james.lowe@COX.NET

Hey there, Not sure if you got a response on this already but it's pretty straight forward. I did it a few years ago but usually the plastic ball under the shifter that makes it so you push down for reverse breaks so you have first and reverse essentially next to each other. There are a few pieces. If I remember correctly there is a top and bottom to the plastic ball and a spring as well as a cover that goes over it all. The biggest pain is getting at the underside of the shifter box...you have to remove the spare and disconnect the linkage from below...again this is all from memory. It was a fairly straight forward job that took an hour or two. Keep track of parts as you dismantle and put them back together in the same order. I recall seeing a kit from Go Westy, I believe, that has all the pieces in a kit for a reasonable price as even if all aren't broken it's good to knock them all out at once.

Good Luck! Tolga