Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:28:55 -0400
From:         Tim Demarest <tim.demarest@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane situation
Comments: To: Vince Jahn <vjahn4533@CHARTER.NET>

Had the same symptoms on my '85... (no gas to burners or fridge, but bleeder would blow propane) turned out that all was fine, except there wasn't enough propane in the tank. I suspect that if the tank pressure drops too low, no propane will pass the regulator.

First place I tried to get the tank filled, I got the same result you describe... the guy attempting to fill it swore something was wrong with my tank.

Considerably later (after pulling apart & re-assmebling my kitchen, cleaning up rust, painting the tank, etc.) I tried another propane place... this time, I found someone who had a long memory, and remembered the trick to filling these... he needed to let the pressure out of his filler hose, hook it up to the Westy tank, then turn the flow to the hose on. The tank filled, and I've used the stove and fridge several times since.

At 02:21 PM 10/7/2004 -0700, you wrote: >I just purchased an 85 Westy and with the main propane valve open, I can't >get the refrig nor burners to light, as they don't seem to be getting any >propane. However, when I open the bleeder valve near the tank, propane flows >freely. > >Also, the local propane supplier can't pump any propane into the tank >because the safety button wont move when pressed. > >What gives? Super confused here! > >Thanks.