Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:14:26 -0400
From:         Tim <h2oboxer@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: 85 coolant hard lines
Comments: To: "Brian T." <nobleman36@YAHOO.COM>

Brian,

No it is not a gas tank drop job. Just did it this past weekend. If you disconnect and slide the heater hoses out you can remove and replace the tubes with the gas tank in. Actually it was easier to put the new ones in then getting the old ones out.

Be careful that the plastic tubes are a different diameter than the metal ones and you will probably need to purchase new hoses. Finally, the vehicle

That we swapped the pipes out was a 1984 that we put in a 2.1L motor.

The hole was not large enough for the larger diameter pipes and the heater hoses. We needed to enlarge the hole. Being that the hole was right above the gas tank severely limited our cutting options.

Good Luck

Tim