Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:35:12 -0400
From:         tmiller <tmiller@VCMAILS.COM>
Subject:      Re: rusty brake bleed screws
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM

George:

I did the very same thing. I had no luck with Kroil and went back to liquid wrench, which is glorified kerosene. Do heat the bleeder screw with a propane torch and grab it with a pair of vice grips if it is rounded off. While it is hot, it will pop loose. Worst case, you break it off and use a slightly smaller drill to remove the remains and run a tap through it to clean out what remains in the threads for a new bleeder. Put antisieze compound on the new bleeder! TEMiller