Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:37:59 -0600
From:         jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: lock yer doors without keys?
Comments: To: jbange <hfinn@INGRATES.NET>

After I first got my westy I did a thorough inspection of the underside of the van. I found a magnetic key holder with a key to the van next to the fuel pump. A year later when I was doing my surveys for my engine mod and adding a radiator to the air cooled van I found another key holder in the front bumper (this one looked like a house key) after I got hit in the rear and was pulling the rear bumper and straightening out the damage I found another key holder with another van key and a key that looked like a padlock key in the rear crumpled metal. Not sure where it had originally been hiding. Two keys for the van and a house key and a padlock key hidden in the van. Now have more magnetic key holders than I will ever need.

I liked the idea of the house key though and have stuck a house key in a holder inside the van. The day after I did it I ended up using it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com