Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:36:44 -0400
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: VDO Dual Sensor Oil Pressure Connections

A follow up to this dual sensor connections.

When I installed my TD into me aircooled 1980 I hooked the dash light up and it now works in reverse.

ie. it's off for the first 2.5 seconds then comes on, where just previously it worked correctly from the little oil pressure light only fitting on the back of the Diesel head.

does this mean that my Dual Oil pressure sensor has a bad Oil light half?

Yeah... you had it right. G goes to the gauge and WK goes to the warning light.

Just a note to let you know the dual sender signal to the idiot light trips at a little higher pressure than stock, so keep that in mind.

Good luck, and happy gauge reading!