Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:15:10 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Injection tuning - wide band O2 sensors
Comments: To: Dennis <guskersthecat@YAHOO.COM>

Gene Berg Sells a Halmeter kit with it's own O2 sensor. It has 10 red leds 10 orange leds and 10 green leds. The middle orange one is 14.7. I'm sure the instruction give you more feedback on a/f raltios, but short of having access to a dyno, this is a cheap way to tune engine management systems like Haltech etc.

Max

At 12:04 PM 10/11/2004, Dennis wrote: >I've been contemplating the purchase of a wideband O2 sensor and data >logger for use in tuning the injection on my van conversion ( >www.my.tbaytel.net/guskers ) and autocross car. > >The two I'm gravitating towards are: > >http://www.plxdevices.com/onlinestore_domestic.htm > >and > >http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php > >Anyone out there used these or similar devices? They would seem the only >way for a hack like myself to accurately tune air fuel ratios. > >I do have a O2 sensor monitor ( http://my.tbaytel.net/guskers/gauges.html ) >and would agree with Frank C. that these are very inexpensive devices that >tell you a great deal about the health of your fuel management systems. >They don't however, offer much with respect to reliable assessment of A/F >ratio outside of 14.7:1 > >Here's a great article on the subject: >http://my.tbaytel.net/guskers/Real%20World%20Air.htm > >www.autospeed.com by the way, is one of the best "techy" car mags I've come >across. The subscription (online) was money well spent. Their older >issues are free.