Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:21:21 +1300
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: lock yer doors without keys?

Not being able to lock ANY door without the key is asinine design. This is in part why I have a remote central locking system to install when my 84 bus is back on the road. But I will also modify the driver's door lock to make it keyless-lockable.

> I'm frequently an idiot and lock my keys >in all my cars, but I have a well-placed hide-a-key, a key in my wallet, >AND a key behind the license plate on ALL my cars. There are time when I've >forgotten to put the hide a key back and locked my keys inside WITH my >wallet. License plate key very handy then.

I have locked myself out of various cars on a number of occasions... which is why a spera key lives in my wallet. Said wallet LIVES in my pants pocket, and is NEVER put down anywhere... always goes back in pocket immediately after use. So the key is always on hand when I need it. Anyone can do this. Honest.

I'll have to figure out how to make the slider keyless-lockable... crazy to have to reach in, fighting to get my hand past the seat and seatbelt, to fumble for a tiny button, to lock the damn door.

This is why I may eventually graft in Toyota Hiace handles/locks all round. -- Andrew Grebneff Dunedin New Zealand Fossil preparator <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut