Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:24:48 -0700
From:         Steve <laurasdog@WEIRDSTUFFWEMAKE.COM>
Subject:      Parts for sale

Hey folks, I've got a few parts for sale:

Unless otherwise noted, all these parts were removed from an '86 GL Westy when I did the Subaru conversion. Weights listed are for the parts only and don't include a box or any packing. Parts will be shipped from 95448, CA

PayPal is prefered method of payment, but will consider other payment methods also.

Photos of all the stuff can be found here: <http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/weird/stuff/automotive/vanagon/for_sale/vanagon_parts.html>

"AFM Fix cable" 025 906 302 A Plugs between the AFM and the wiring harness to eliminate "Vanagon Syndrome" caused by the AFM Excellent condition. Rubber boots are nice and pliable and not cracked.... $65 + shipping cost (less than 1 Lb)

ECU 0 251 200 284/285 Fuel pump drive circuit MAY be damaged. When we bought our '86 Westy, the fuel pump ran ALL the time if the key was on. The P.O. said that his mechanic told him the fuel pump drive circuit in the ECU was bad and wouldn't turn the pump on anymore. Rather than spend money on a new ECU, he rewired the fuel pump relay to be on any time the key was on.... I never investigated to see if the problem was REALLY the ECU or some other problem so I don't really KNOW for sure that the ECU is at fault or if the problem was elsewhere. I do know that the P.O.s mechanic wasn't much good at electrical troubleshooting... .Other than the fuel pump running all the time the van ran just fine with this ECU. $50 + shipping (aprox 1.5 lbs)

OEM Blaupunkt speakers. 3 speakers in good condition with good housings and retaining rings, plus 1 that is ONLY the plastic housing with NO speaker and a broken retaining ring. I tested the 3 good speakers with a signal generator and a small amplifier and ran them up and down the frequency range and they all work fine without any nasty buzzes or vibrations $30 + shipping (approx 2-1/2 lbs)

Connector assortment.... A pile of connectors cut from a damaged 1986 2.1L wiring harness. All appear to be in decent shape. Do you see your favorite in here? $20 + shipping takes the pile. (approx 1 lb)

Thanks,

Steve '86 Westy "Escape Pod" '73 Beetle "ain't got a name yet"