Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:42:00 -0600
From:         jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: $5 Fuel Filter! Really!
Comments: To: Nick Feickert <thesuperflydisco@YAHOO.COM>

If you are talking a box filter with two different size hose ports that one is now sold by several labels like Fram and Purolator and others. Note is said sold by. If you check the actual details on the filter itself you will note the same mfr codes on it. All made in isreal. The one that was before the pump on later vanagons that had the same size in and out ports is discontinued and was replaced with a straight piece of hose as noted in the ETKA. A check and I found that that filter was supposed to be pulled on one of the routine warrantee checks done at the dealer and replaced with the tubing. It was only there for the initial running time and then removed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com