Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:56:19 -0500
From:         Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1985 Westfalia - $6750
Comments: To: shiels.t.w@cogeco.ca

For Sale: 1985 VW Vanagon GL Westfalia $6750

I am the second owner of this vehicle. I purchased it in May of 2001 from an elderly couple in Kansas. The woman had broken her hip and was not able to climb inside it anymore so they sold it. The vehicle only had 78k miles at the time. It now has 117k miles and is still in wonderful shape. I have replaced and fixed everything it has needed. It is mechanically sound; I have driven it all over the country and never had a break down.

A list of repairs and purchases: Michelin Agilis tires 185R14C - the correct load rating & front alignment $500 Bilstein Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers - front and rear $500 New pop-top canvas from PLFVW - Sunbrella Marine canvas, will not rot $400 3-piece rubber floor mat for the front $66 Complete spare tune-up kit w/ accelerator cable included $115 New sachs clutch and inner CVs $450 New upper ball joints and tie-rod ends $145 Speedometer calibrated $80 New fuel pressure regulator and cleaned throttle body $200 New water pump and replaced both head gaskets at 97k miles $1150 Dealer Blue coolant and transmission oil flush and fill $130 New propane tank $250 Stainless Steel front brake hoses $50 All new brake pads - front and rear $75 New rear slave cylinders $50 New clutch master and slave cylinder $100 New skylight and flex arm $120 Optional 5th seat $125

There are lots of other repairs that I don't have receipts for. Always used the correct German oil filters. Anytime anything would break (door handle, curtain hook, anything) I would replace or repair it with the correct original part. Everything works, including the fridge, sink, and stove. AC system works but has a leak, had it recharged once and all the Freon leaked out, haven’t used it since. The interior is perfect except for the driver's seat (it just looks like it has been sat in a lot, but no holes). The outside has some dents and dings, nothing horrible. Any spots where the paint was scratched off I sanded down and primed & painted to stop rust from forming. It includes all the curtains, mosquito net, 2 electrical cords, and a drain hose. The original owner’s manual and all the camping equipment literature are also included. I would keep this for ever if I could afford to, but 3 cars are not in my budget.

I am getting a leaky pushrod tube fixed right now, after it is out of the shop I will take some pics to have available.

Nathan Wood Columbia, MO 65203

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/