Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:14:39 +0000
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: AMC Heads (My views)
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

This horse has been dead from the start as far as I am concerned. The only problem I have had is folks digging him up and trying to ride him around in a parade. The logic you are using to suggest the valves in the heads you are selling are superior to the ones that are coming with the AMC/Marnal heads is:

1. They are not the same valves as the ones being installed by Marnal. How do you know? What valves are in the heads that are coming directly from Spain? 2. You have had no complaints from customers who are installing the AMC heads you are selling. I am in the same situation. So your logic on this point applies to me as well.

I am not trying to cast doubt upon anyone's product or integrity. I am only sharing my own experiences that this whole issue is a non-issue. It is only when folks try to make it into a make it or break it issue for purchasing heads that I get frustrated. I would feel much more comfortable with you saying, "My heads are cheaper, buy them from me." I would have no problem with that at all. It is when you say they are superior (or Go Westy for that matter) that I take issue. If you can prove it, please do so.

Hope you don't take this personally as it is not meant as an attack.

Ken Wilford www.vanagain.com John 3:16 -------------- Original message --------------