Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:34:42 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: The tale of the '87 Westy - Brand New! - Chapter 3 - Loss of
              power
Comments: To: William Alexander <william.alexander@GMAIL.COM>

Did you notice if there was black smoke coming from the exhaust? My bet is you have a lazy O2 sensor or a poor connection or the heater in it is not working. After a warm restart, the ECU tries to go closed loop in less than a minute. If the sensor is not working, the ECU will continually richen the mixture looking for the signal. It will enrich it enough to choke the engine. Look in the archives for more information. Thoroughly inspect all grounds and sensor connections. Most intermittent poor running conditions come down to the O2 or Temp 2 sensors or circuits.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: William Alexander <william.alexander@GMAIL.COM> Date: Monday, October 18, 2004 9:13 am Subject: The tale of the '87 Westy - Brand New! - Chapter 3 - Loss of power