Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:38:14 -0600
From:         jimt <wetwesty@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Rattle I cant find
Comments: To: Dave Brunger <dbrunger@riverside.k12.pa.us>
Comments: cc: George.Wietor@spectrum-health.org

Passenger side wheel bearing. When I looked at everything the first time I was looking at everything except the wheel bearings because there were no other indications of wheel bearing. Also the tires were off of the vehicle. A first check and spin and shake seemed okay.

But if I do rapid shake on that side with the wheel still on I actually get the same feel I get in the steering wheel. Removed the tire and checked at the rotor. The play is so slight you cant really feel it with the tire off. The trick was the check with the tire still on. Means I should have time to procrastinate on that one (I hope).

Change in way I laying under the van also told me I need to think about new shocks as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com On 10/19/04 1:30 PM, "Dave Brunger" <dbrunger@riverside.k12.pa.us> wrote: