Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:13:11 -0400
From:         Jean-Pierre Le Cruguel <jlecruguel@AEI.CA>
Subject:      old VW Radio. install pb

Hi all,

When I pruchased my 87 westy there a genuine VW tape radio with it. It was supposed to work, but the father of the owner did not know how to.

Model is X 034 300 E. It has a remote. That's why I may keep it.

I have everything. Manual, etc. Even the code (it's protected) and ask you the code whenever you disconnect from the battery,

My van sit for a long time (several years). I wonder if some cables did not break.

Anyway. I played with it. It gets some current. I can see a backlight on and hear a noise/bip when I plug it. I do not get the message asking for the code, neither I get the message it's blocked (need to go to the dealer).

I also have a passat, with VW radio that connects directly into its place (almost same connections). When I plug the west radio in it. I also get a bip. But I do not get anything more.

When I plug my passat radio into the westy: same thing. Bip. no more. I do not get the Code thing as I do in the passat.

Anyone has an idea what to do or try?

The only way I understand it is the westy has some broken cables (but both get some volts). AND the radio is broken or blocked.

Maybe someone run into the same pb.

Thanks

JP