Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:50:13 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Project Vanagon Dyno Results & Comparison
Comments: To: Dennis <guskersthecat@YAHOO.COM>

The dyno test I had done on my Boston Bob slightly(mild cam and slight porting if memory serves) modified engine done last May on a Mustang dyno in Omaha yielded 85.2 bhp@4750 at rear wheels and 105.7 ft/lb. of torque at 3000. As best I can interpolate the computer graph, I had 50 hp at 2500 and still had close to 80 hp at 5500rpm. Torque at 2500 was right at 100 ft/lbs. and climbed to the max at 3k and still had 100 ft. lbs. at 4300 before gradually tapering to 75ft.lbs. at 5500 rpm.horsepower at 50 mph(for whatever that's worth )was 16.00, but I have a longer legged 4.57 r/p and a .77 4th. The tech ran the motor(once warmed up) to 5800rpms repeatedly as we were setting the Haltech to run slightly rich in the upper rpm ranges. Yes, I was holding my breath during those runs! Temp was in the mid 80's and major industrial fans were necessary to keep the motor cool. I have gotten 20 mpg on the road when the roof rack is off and I don't have boats on top of it going 65-70 mph but remember, this motor only does 3400 rpm at 70 mph.. This 90 GL weighs 4000 lbs with the AC and PS removed. Sorry folks, but I'm out of dtate. you can do your own 60% calculations if need be.

Max