Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:56:06 -0400
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: noise reduction
Comments: To: Garth Woolstenhulme <garth@RGLOBAL.NET>

Would be interesting to take a refrigerator box and cut out a full partition to put behind the front seats and measure sound with it in place.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garth Woolstenhulme" <garth@RGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:02 AM Subject: Re: noise reduction

Ten years ago I took my aluminum cans in the van to be recycled. I had been collecting them in 40 gallon trash bags and when it was time to put them in the Vanagon, there were so many I had to really cram them in the van (BTW, these were all soda cans I had collected at work -- sounds like I have a real problem with that many empties). But on the way to the recycler I could not believe how quiet the van was. All I could hear was the noise of the tires on the road. I had to turn off the radio and just listen. It was very pleasant. I have always felt after that time that the majority of the interior noise comes from the rear of the van. Other than driving around with a van stuffed with aluminum cans, I have always wondered how to cut the noise from the rear. Garth