Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:22:03 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heat, Rust, & Noise in VW's
Comments: To: rrecardo@WEBTV.NET

That treatment reminds me of when I was a teenager and I soundproofed my vw baja bug. I just used fiberglass mat and Henry's asphalt roof patch on the interiors of the doors. Several layers later you get a build up of fiberglass asphalt material painted on the interior door surface. The treatment works great and its totally waterproof from moisture.

If you ever need to remove these kinds of treatments for body work or whatever you will be regretting doing this "permanent" type of treatment. A simpler bubble foil or carpet you can easily rip out if needed has more advantage to me.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Cardo" <rrecardo@WEBTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 4:19 PM Subject: Heat, Rust, & Noise in VW's