Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:27:31 -0400
From:         Sam Walters <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: DONT DO IT!  (was Re: 83.5 sort of westy for sale
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM, thegreenwesty@NETSCAPE.NET

Bill M

I agree with Chris. If it starts every time and runs a little rough, it probably only has a simple wiring or Fuel injection related problem that can easily be solved with the help of the list and the archives.

Somebody save this Westy whole.

Certainly you can sell the complete Westy, even if it runs rough for far more than it would cost to buy and transport the top Chris mentions to Mystic, CT. And you are more likely to sell a complete Westy before 11/15 than a hacked van.

And don't let a good engine and tranny go to the crusher.

My 85 Weekender, my first pop top, has a body that is in terrible shape from cheap repair jobs to at least two crashes that I can see from crawling around under it. But it had less than 10k miles on a NW Connecting Rod rebuild when I got it for about a $1k. I fixed a few things and debugged some fuel injection problems. It has been reliable transportation for a wonderful year of camping / astronomy trips with my son. I only have about $1400 in it total at this point.

Try some astronomy lists. I have people walk up all the time at astronomy gatherings talking about how great the camper looks as an astronomy vehicle. And mine is a beat up old weekender with some cabinets added by a long ago PO. But it is so much better than a station wagon or an SUV for the camping / astronomy outings.

Tell us what do you want for the whole thing. I can't buy it.

Sam

-- Sam Walters Baltimore, MD

89 Syncro GL 85 Westy Weekender 84 Vanagon, original owner, soon to be retired, just too many problems

All incoming and outgoing email scanned by automatically updated copy of Norton AntiVirus.