Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:21:41 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: BRIAN...UNSUB FROM THE VANAGON LIST BEFORE YOU GO AWAY

folks..could someone please email brian and tell him how to temporarily unsub..he is having trouble doing so.... he says he is sorry for all the auto reply messages, too.

Subj: Re: BRIAN...UNSUB FROM THE VANAGON LIST BEFORE YOU GO AWAY Date: 10/25/04 2:29:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time From: BWasson@mail.acponline.org To: JordanVw@aol.com Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi,

Yes, I know. I tried several times to unsubscribe before I left, but to no avail. I also sent a few e-mails trying to reach a human to find out why it wasn't working, but again, no answer. I don't know what else I can do until I get back to the office and turn off the autoreply. I receive the vanagon e-mails, but am unable to post any messages (like a heart-felt apology to the list). I'm not a mailing list newbie, and have been an active participant in other high-volume lists for years. I feel terrible about the autoreplies, but can't do anything about it right now. Could you perhaps post a brief explanation to the list for me, which might at least calm some nerves?

I can't turn off the autoreply remotely, and will do so as soon as I'm back in the office on Monday. I did set up the rule to filter out anything with "vanagon" in it before it applied the autoreply rule, but I guess some of the e-mails have different "from" or "to" addresses that don't contain "vanagon."

I'm probably banned from the list by now, which is a bummer (although I can't blame ya'll). I just bought an 88 Westy after years of wanting one, and was really looking forward to becoming part of the Vanagon list community. Please pass my sincere apologies along to the list, and let them know it will be rectified on Monday afternoon.

Thanks, Brian Wasson

>>> <JordanVw@aol.com> 10/24/04 12:16 PM >>> In a message dated 10/24/04 12:02:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, BWasson@mail.acponline.org writes:

> I will be out of the office until Tuesday, Oct. 26. I will be checking > e-mail sporadically and may not be able to respond until I return. > > -Brian > >

brian you need to unsub from the vanagon list before you go away.. it kicks back a auto reply for everymessage sent to the vanagon list..