Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:07:56 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hit 4 Deer...Need body Parts
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

>It's not Friday yet, but LSteven Wright used to tell the story about when >he bought some of those deer whistles for the front bumper of his car and >he accidentally installed them backwards. The next time he went out >driving, he looked in the rear view mirror and there was a heard of deer >following him.

I hit a deer on a lonely and dark 2 lane Hwy 7 in Arkansas in my old 79 loaf coming back from a kayak float and that deer hadn't been in that ditch 2 minutes when Buba and Joe Bob pulled up and asked what happened. When I told them, they literally asked me if I was gonna eat it, and when I said no, they hauled it off in the back of their pickup truck. It then dawned on me that any evidence of the collision was now gone and when the sheriff came to fill out the report, we collectively found some deer fur caught in a piece of semi-dislodged bondo from a previous wreck. Long and the short of it was it cost $1100 to fixit. There's prolly some Vanagon content in there somewhere.

If Chuck HIll is out there listening, he's got quite a stash of Vanagon carcasses sitting by one of his barns. Not sure if he's willing to part with any of them or parts attached thereto.

Max