Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:20:17 -0400
From:         Tom Stone <TStone8359@AOL.COM>
Subject:      '87 Wolfsburg Ed. Parts Available
Comments: To: vanagon@yahoogroups.com

We are in the Bradenton, FL area for a few days to babysit the grandkids. As is my custom, I visited the local DIY junk yards to supply my ongoing projects. One yard yielded an '87 Wolfsburg Edition Vanagon. It still had the front and rear fiberglass bumpers (scuffed witha crack or two but entirely repairable), the engine (with no holes that I could see), automatic transmission, folding table, sliding door, rear hatch, tail light lenses, jump seat brackets, throttle body with good switches (they clicked at the right places), (I saw someone today on the list that got a price from VW of $695 for one) and a few other pieces. Gone are the seats, alternator, the AC Compressor, the power mirrors, the gauges, all good cup holders, the ECU, the ICU, the power windows, the wheels (I took them), the AFM idle stabilizer and distributor (I took them).

The van is at Cophers U-Pull-It on 63rd in Bradenton for those nearby. If I can get any parts for anyone, let me know. I have a limited quantity of small tools so can only do the easy stuff. I will be in the area through Sunday. I will get the parts to you for cost plus shipping and can probably get an estimate, if needed. The prices at this place are generally reasonable. The four wheels were $15 each and the tires were $8, two good and two bad (had to buy them all since they were mounted with no way of removing for less than the $8 cost). There is a moderate core charge added to the cost of most parts.

Tom Usually in Illinois)