Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:12:09 -0700
From:         "Greenamyer, William L" <william.l.greenamyer@BOEING.COM>
Subject:      Drop in gas mileage

Haven't posted to the list for a while. Something strange happened to my leaker. Seems that the rain has impacted the 21.5mpg I was getting from it. It appears to be getting maybe 10mpg right now but I still have power (didn't seem to loose any spark at the plugs). I did have to go through some rather big puddles Wednesday (live in Southern California). Never had this happen before and I have gone through some huge puddles in the past. This is the first time that I actually ended up with water on both sides of the front carpeting. Not sure where that came from either. With the manual trans, I checked the carpeting around the shift lever. Seemed dry. Gues it came in throuth the vent or something like that.

Question. Could the water affect the injectors or should I be looking at controller or O2 sensor? Any other ideas?

William