Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:47:57 +0200
From:         Robin Oomkes <roomkes@ZONNET.NL>
Subject:      vwbusshop.de

Vanagoneers,

I'm writing this from my Westy, in a parking lot of a VW Utility Vehicles dealership in Darmstadt, Germany (not because the van is broken but because the dealership has put up some RV places with power, water, sewage...)

I just went to see the guy (Mr. Günzl) behind www.vwbusshop.de. He gets ALL the NOS stuff from Westfalia Wiedenbrück AND VW Wolfsburg! Änything NLA through VW dealerships now has to be ordered through Peter Günzl.

I'm in Germany for some business and since I wanted a poptop insulating sleeve I thought I'd give him a visit (also because 2 items I previously ordered through mail order from him were wrong).

He's got an absolutely fascinating warehouse! It's like a Mr. Wonka's Chocolate Factory for busophiles. Lots of pieces of Westy furniture, millions of original VW/Audi parts boxes (probably with content, I didn't check), rolls of T2 fabric (the green/yellow checkered cloth), curtain fabric of every kind...

He had a few helpful hints on things to improve my '88 Joker but also almost broke the tap in my sink (they are now out of stock but he's getting them put into production by the original producers again).

Don't know if I recommend ordering from him for US customers, he doesn't take credit cards so you need to transfer the money by bank, and he doesn't always ship the right part because his web site indexing isn't 100% but boy has he got some nice stuff.

Interesting point is that he mentioned that the website currently only contains 20% of what he has in stock...

Happy browsing,

Robin '88 Westy Joker TD '03 R1150GS