Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:25:13 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Want an Easy Rear Light Upgrade?  Bulbs Available.
Comments: To: tabe johnson <xtabe@YAHOO.COM>

BTDT - and I won't do it again. The 50 watt blubs will cause a melt down of the rear light fixtures. I have first hand experience. Had to replace both tail-light assemblies because of it. Don't let anybody blow smoke up your behind on this one. The only bulb that can be safely used is the backup light. I have 50 watt halogens in there and they do produce lot of heat. However, since they are used infrequently - and only then for just a few moments when backing up - they work fine, and I have had mine for over two years with no problems. The other, hotter bulbs, are another matter.

Don't do it!!

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver