Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:37:04 -0600
From:         Al and Sue Brase <albeeee@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: leaking brake reservoir?
Comments: To: Jeff Hosea <hosea_jeff@HOTMAIL.COM>

My bet would be one of the master cylinders, probably clutch. Could be the reservoir, the master cylinder or the clutch master cylinder (if it's a manual trans). Does the level go clear down or stop leaking halfway down? If it stops halfway, it's the clutch master. Or, I guess the reservoir could have a hole 1/2 way down. To get the cover off, sit in the driver's seat, reach over thedash nacelle, clear up towards the windshield, there are finger holds on the front, right and left. Pull up hard! It rotates at the lower rear, towards you. It always comes off with a bang, kinda disconcerting, but I've never broken one. the reservoir is front and center between the tach and speedo. Pretty neat design, really, I just wish the catches were not so tight! Also, you need to learn how to pour without spilling! Al Brase