Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:17:05 -0500
From:         Dave Brunger <dbrunger@RIVERSIDE.K12.PA.US>
Subject:      Re: The real George Bush. No vanagon content
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM

George, I agree whole heartedly.... and am sickened by the thought of every branch of government being controlled by the Republicans and their "MORAL MAJORITY" there is no more checks and balances, we are in the time of rubberstamp policy... anything goes, and anything will pass...

I have my own values, and was brought up to develop my own opinions of what is right for me and my family. I have a problem with the country that is "based on freedom" controlling the "Moral Content" of anything... Don't like the TV show? Turn the channel! Don't like the radio personality? Turn the station! Believe in religion? Go to church, but, don't form policies for the whole country based on your beliefs!!!! Because those may not be the same beliefs as others... and that was truly the premise that this country was based on...

I believe in letting freedom ring... and for that the leaders must let go of the reigns a little... Unfortunately this administration is not about to do that... they are looking to shape the country for their own benefit, and not for the good of the people...

And to think that when polled most people who voted for Bush voted for moral reasons... I wonder what they would have thought if they saw this video! Then again the people who voted for him don't understand that if they are not part of the upper 2% they are just pawns in the upper 2% game of chess!!!

Dave

Ps. George Carlin said in an interview that the funny thing about this administration is that they say, let there be less government, privatize etc. except when it comes to MORAL issues then they want to guide your every move...

-----Original Message----- From: George Goff [mailto:THX0001@AOL.COM] Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 2:42 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: The real George Bush. No vanagon content