Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:25:52 -0500
From:         Kerry Stanley <kstanley44@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      FS; '86 Syncro Gl Weekender in SE Pennsylvania $1200
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hi all,

Alas it is time to pass on my '86 syncro. I am the original owner, but have not been using it and hate to see if waste away in the driveway. I believe it still has plenty of life in it rather than part it out, or send to the crusher.

Description; a.. '86 syncro GL Weekender - this is not a camper but has the third seat that folds into a bed. b.. 180K miles, although odometer only says 140K or so (it had a new odometer installed when under warranty) c.. Dove blue (light blue) d.. 5-speed (granny low) with a diff lock, but no vacuum parts to actuate. The trans was a transplant awhile back when the original with no diff lock had the famed 3/4 gear hub crack syndrome. This tranny has had MT-90 gear oil since I've had it. e.. Good interior - no stains. However, the sliding door panel has torn some at the back edge where it caught on the side of the van. Great seats and rear cushion. f.. Gauges including tach work, except the gas gauge doesn't seem to be doing much until it gets near empty. g.. Engine if probably getting tired. It doesn't drip on the driveway, and does not burn oil. But does loose coolant. Not into the oil however!! Probably needs heads or a transplant from someone converting to non WBX power. I've seen several posts for engines in the $400-600 range. h.. Exhaust pipes OK, but needs a new muffler and muffler brackets. Presently the muffler and J-pipe are sitting in the van, but I will re-attach them!! i.. A/C was upgraded to the new stuff, but two summers ago the hose in the drivers side wheelwell blew out. Had a new receiver about that time, and compressor worked fine at that time. j.. Some seam rust mostly on near drivers door and behind drivers side rear wheel. And some rust on very bottom edge of drivers side rocker panel. Several spots of rust at front windshield and on front where the chrome bumper attaches. k.. Slightly crunched front and rear bumpers from kissing a guard rail. l.. Paint is OK, but a little dull in places. m.. BFG AT tires with good tread. Could use an alignment. Be glad to take some pictures and send as attachments to anyone wishing them. Priced to sell - we are moving to a new house soon. With a little mechanical work it would be good as new - well not quite but pretty good. $1200.

See also my email for parts for sale, such as transmission core, complete set of OME shocks, front springs and Airlift kit for rear springs.

Located in Lansdale, PA (north of Philadelphia).

Contact me with questions at: kstanley44@comcast.net 215-362-0519 until 11/13 610-584-4695 after 11/13