Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:46:54 -0500
From:         Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for space for a Vanagon project in the Washington DC
              area

Eric, Perhaps for a VW mechanic of your proficiency that's not enough time. I just finished mine in about 8 days over the space of two weeks. After a 2 hour shakedown cruise, I promptly drove on a 500 mile trip and I'm getting ready to return today. Number of problems? One. The alternator to starter wire got trapped under something and pulled loose, and it wouldn't start. Oh, and I'm a computer programmer by trade... -Hans 87 syncro vanaru

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Zeno" <vw4x4@FYI.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:23 PM Subject: Re: Looking for space for a Vanagon project in the Washington DC area

Do yourself a big favor, and forget it. Thinking that you can do this job, just on the weekends in 2 month, is proof that you are biting off more than you can swallow.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 86-SS Syncro Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler 92-Jetta GWC www.fyi.net/~vw4x4/vw4x4.htm