Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:05:55 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cabin lights, aux battery, venting?

You've got to isolate the circuits at the fuse box, I believe.

If yours is 86 or newer, try pulling fuse #3 and leave it out. run a wire lead from your aux battery positive terminal (the one you're trying to use for your accessories) and run it to the bottom clip on #3 terminal with a spade connector to fit over the clip. Put a fuse near the battery on the wire you ran.

I did the same thing on my 83 and it did what you say you want to do, but the fusebox is different. If your car is that old let me know and I'll send you what I did. The above suggestion is from Mark Drillock, if I recall correctly, and applies to the later model cars. I'm not sure what to do on an 84 or 85. If someone does know, please post as I'd like to add specific wiring/fuse panel information to my relay installation instructions at my website http://www.knology.net/~felder/Vanagons/.

Thanks,

Jim