Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:56:02 -0500
From:         Serge Laplante <sergelap@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frtidge Door Mod (Need feedback)

Hi Jim,

I am the guy Bob just referred to. Hi Bob :) I did exactly what you envision. I own NO wood working tools and managed to make it look and work decently. It makes a significant difference, especially on days when you find yourself having to transfer the fridge from propane to 12V many times.

The design idea that I used was to take the curve at the top of the door and reproduce it flipped down 180 deg. and cut alond that. Can you see what I mean? It's very purdy that way ;)

On the cut surfaces I used some edge-stick-on-with- an-iron stuff.

The only annoying thing/difficulty is the trim is sort of stretched around the door. So when you cut it, it slides back in its groove leaving a gap. You can reposition it and use small nails to keep it in place but it is almost impossible to make it perfect.

I will take a pic of it this week and send it to you, and anybody else interested.

Serge