Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:05:42 -0600
From:         Chris <chris@MCCLURKEN.COM>
Subject:      FS: 84 GL in Nashville, TN

Ok this is a probable sale. The owner is relation of mine and likes his van but it has developed an exhaust leak and he doesn't think he wants to put any more money into it. I purchased the van from an aging hippy who moved his family to Nashville from San Francisco and couldn't resolve an emmisions problem. I bought it for a mere $300 and fixed it with a new cat and OXY sensor.

She runs good, could use a tune up. No leaks! New clutch and brakes. The body is in fair shape with a problem on the passenger rear "fender". It's hard to describe but I can get pictures if there's any interest. I checked with some body shops when I owned the van and they didn't seem to think it would be a big deal.

It's missing the middle bench seat, presumably it's somewhere in San Francisco. I should also mention it's got somewhere around 30k since rebuild.

Although this van could easily be a nice driver I'll assume that any future owner would probably strip her for parts. That being said, I could use the transmission out of it, maybe we could work a creative deal.

Bottom line.... I paid $300 for it, put $400 into it, sold it for $700 and that's what we're looking for.... $700 and you can drive it pretty much anywhere I imagine.

Thanks, Chris 85 GL